Summer chicken salad
Salade tiede is the French name for a warm salad. It’s not something to make for a crowd as it needs crisp leaves (like rocket, spinach or cos lettuce) and warm, savoury juices poured over at the last minute. I used some chicken pieces (barbecued half an hour earlier), with minted vegetables.
This is the kind of dish to make for one friend. Have the cool salad leaves ready, steam the vegetables while you share a glass of wine and then top with the warm chicken or steak.
To make a dressing, either use a simple mustardy vinaigrette, or even better, if you cook chicken or beef in a frying pan, add a splash of water to the pan juices and stir in a little wine or lemon juice before seasoning with mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Eat it straight away before the leaves wilt.
Posted on Saturday, 16 June
Reblogged from: lookitcookit
Posted by: lookitcookit
- plaguegod reblogged this from house-of-riches and added:
- house-of-riches reblogged this from lookitcookit and added:
- house-of-riches likes this
- whoyouwannabecome reblogged this from lookitcookit
- sunshinedopesupaman likes this
- lookitcookit posted this